Last Updated: March 15, 2016
Description of Users and Acceptance of Terms
The Information We Collect and/or Receive
In the course of operating the Website and offering the Services, Talage will collect (and/or receive) the following types of information. You authorize us to collect and/or receive such information.
1. Personal Information
When you sign up to become a Registered User, you will be required to provide us with personal information about yourself, such as your name, business name, business address, business phone number, and e-mail address. In order to obtain insurance product quotes, you will be required to provide us with additional personal information which includes, but is not limited to, your zip code, and your business type. And, if you contact us via the Contact Us page, you will need to provide your name and contact information. All information that we receive under this section is collectively called “Personal Information.” We do not collect any Personal Information from Visitors or Registered Users unless they provide such information voluntarily.
2. In addition to the Personal Information, we may collect or receive additional information (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
a. From Your Activity
- IP address, which may consist of a static or dynamic IP address and will sometimes point to a specific identifiable computer or device;
- Browser type and language;
- Referring and exit pages and URLs;
- Date and time;
- Website usage, such as the amount of time spent on particular pages and other performance and usage data; and
- Similar data.
b. From Cookies
- facilitate the sign in process for the Website;
- authenticate Registered Users;
- personalize your experience;
- analyze which portions of the Website are visited and used most frequently; and
- measure and optimize advertising and promotional effectiveness.
If you do not want us to deploy cookies in your browser, you can opt out by setting your browser to reject cookies or to notify you when a website tries to put a cookie in your browser software. If you choose to disable cookies in your browser, you can still use the Website and the Services, although your ability to use some of the features may be affected.
How We Use and Share the Information
You authorize us to use the Personal Information, and the Other Information (collectively, the “Information”) to provide and improve the Website, and the Services; to solicit your feedback; and to inform you about our products and services and those of our promotional partners.
You also authorize us to use and/or share Information as described below.
- Agents, Providers and Related Third Parties. We may engage other companies and individuals to perform certain business-related functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing technical assistance, order fulfillment, customer service, and marketing assistance. These other companies will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law. We may also share your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, or other companies under common control with us.
- Aggregated Information. In an ongoing effort to better understand our Visitors, and Registered Users, we may analyze Personal Information with Other Information in anonymized and aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Website and the Services. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, business and promotional partners, and other third parties. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe the Website and the Services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- Business Transfers. As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- Legal Requirements. We may disclose your Information if required to do so by law, or in the good faith belief that such action or disclosure is necessary or appropriate to: (i) operate the Website and the Services, (ii) comply with any legal obligation, report unlawful activity, cooperate with law enforcement, or protect against legal liability, (iii) protect and defend our rights, property, personnel, suppliers, sponsors, agents or licensors, or (iv) protect the personal safety of vendors, users of the Services or the public.
- Third Party Insurance Carriers. We may share your Information with Third Party Insurance Carriers offering the third-party insurance products made available to you through the Services.
Accessing and Modifying Information and Communication Preferences
How We Protect the Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases or the databases of the third parties with which we may share such Information, nor can we guarantee that the Information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to us may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
We may elect to use third party advertising companies to serve advertisements and allow them to collect non-Personal Information during your visits to the Website and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of interest to you (“Advertisements”). These companies typically use a third party cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. These third party cookies do not collect Personal Information. You may opt-out of the use of your information this purpose. To learn more or to choose to opt-out, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative at http://www.networkadvertising.org/. If you delete your cookies, use a different browser, or buy a new computer, you will need to renew your opt-out choice.
Important Notice to Non-U.S. Residents
California and European Union Residents
P.O. Box 12332
Reno, NV 89510
In addition, Talage does not monitor, recognize, or honor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.
How to Contact Us